Tuesday, August 27, 2013

virtual coffee date

Well, it has been a while...so I figure the "virtual coffee date" might be the best way to catch up.
If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that the main reason I haven't been blogging is because I've had a lot going on. Prepping for a move is exhausting and can be a little all-consuming. I found that a much better use of my time was packing and spending time with friends. Since I was moving away from said friends, I was much happier to spend time with them than to spend time on the internet. Plus, there was a lot of packing to do.

Now that we've moved - the unpacking begins, as does the trying to make this place feel like home. We moved into a place that had 4 different rooster decorations in it...definitely not our style.
the rooster hook will remain. the rest is gone
We also had random fruit and vegetable tiles in the kitchen. While I thought the leeks were actually kind of cute, they still all had to go.
and some pear wallpaper too
So if we were having coffee, I'd tell you that moving is both physically and mentally exhausting...but that I'm excited for new adventures in a new place. Plus my friends in Montreal aren't all that far away and have promised to visit (and obviously, since it is Montreal, I'll be visiting too).

If we were having coffee - what's one thing you'd tell me?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

That's a lot of cock. ;)

Rebecca said...

Yay moving!

Welcome back though :-) (not like I don't know how you are doing via twitter though).

I think I would tell you jokes about Amazing Race and that there was a viewing party last night with Jody a few minutes from my house and I didn't realize until after the show. Boourns

kristen said...

Leslie - indeed it is. Though here in la belle province, we spell it 'coq' ;)

Rebecca - I think they go to that Boston Pizza almost every week for viewing! You should keep your eye out on twitter!

Karen (Toronto Girl West) said...

I would tell you that I get a kick out of houses with old school decorations. We once lived in a rental that had bright green shag carpet! Crazy thing is that it was brand new! :oP

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Looks like you have some decorating to do!! My mom used to collect roosters.

I hate moving. I feel your pain. I hope you are settling into your new place. Where did you move again?