Thursday, February 23, 2012

three things thursday - a return edition

It has been a while since I've done a three things Thursday post. Since I have half of another post written but feel like it isn't done and needs some editing, I figure why not bring back the three things Thursday this week?

Thing 1: At this time last year, I was preparing for and writing my first calculus test of the semester. I still can't believe I got 98% on that first test and 91% in the class. I didn't do even close to that well in my high school math classes and somehow I pulled that off. I guess not wanting to get my ass handed to me by a bunch of kids was great motivation.

Thing 2: More unseasonably warm temperatures again this week! I probably could have run in capri pants again today...but I stuck with long pants instead. Is this the global warming/climate change I've been warned about my entire life? I don't know. But for this winter I'm enjoying it.

Thing 3: I've had "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" by Rockapella in my head for about a day and a half. How random is that? But it got me thinking about the show. I remember thinking how awesome it would be to be on the show and track the likes of "Double Trouble" and "Vic the Slick." I'm pretty sure that show had the best puns on television.

What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?

7 comments:

Leigh said...

98% on a calculus test? That is amazing! I suck at math...like really badly

Lulu said...

I loves that show! The best part was the huge floor map at the end, I so wish I could have been a contestant.

Marlene said...

I used to watch that show! And now I have the tune in my head. :)

I remember watching Today's Special!

Laura said...

Crud...now I have the Today's Special song stuck in my head.

Rebecca said...

I think I liked Mr. Dressup the best.

Cotter Crunch said...

great, now that song is stuck in my head. HA!

runforwine.net said...

Calculus was one of my favorite subjects. Writing. Another story.