Friday, August 19, 2011

randomness- stick bugs are cool

As we were packing up to come home from camping on Sunday, Jordan thought there was a stick on our car. Upon closer examination, he discovered that it wasn't a stick but rather a stick bug (or if you want to get fancy, a phasmatodea).


Sticky the stick bug
We thought it was pretty cool and had to take pictures. Unfortunately, the reflection of the car made it tougher to photograph than I had hoped, but you get a nice view of my reflection to go along with your stick bug fun.

My feet...twice.
 Are you fascinated or grossed out by weird looking bugs? 

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

runforwine.net said...

Holy shit that thing is huge! I don't usually get too freaked out by bugs, but I'm freaked out by *that* thing!

Laura said...

Grossed
out
I would lose my sh(t if I saw that....

jnelle said...

i think weirdo bugs are neat, but i prefer them to not be near me! as long as they stay a respectful distance from me, gross bugs and i are a-okay.

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Cool!!! Looking at it in the picture was neat but I am sure if I saw it in person I would be screaming...

Michelle said...

Generally, weird bugs freak me out but this one is kind of cute! Is it missing a leg?

Marlene said...

I used to be obsessed with stick bugs - well, one stick bug in particular, the animated kind from the movie A Bug's Life.