Wednesday, January 31, 2007

trying to de-lazify

Well, it is embarrassing to admit this, but I'll just take the plunge: I'm lazy. I go to work and I work hard, but when it comes to anything else? It takes too much energy. I'm tired when I get home. I get up pretty early. I leave the house before 7 (barely before 7, but before 7 none the less). I don't really want to have to worry about a million different things when I get home. I did A LOT of that already. When I was in school I either had dance or music lessons or band practice or the other band practice or volleyball practice or colourguard...oh yeah and I occasionally did my homework too.

Once I started working, I suddenly discovered what they call "doing nothing". For the first time in my life, I could come home at the end of the day and not feel guilty that I wasn't reading or practicing or finishing an assignment (not like I always did all of those things when I was supposed to, but I at least felt guilty about not doing them). I guess somewhere along the line I got pretty used to it.

Now, it is time to de-lazify. So far, I have 2 projects that will help me. The first is to start training to write abstracts for this organization: link. I have been "accepted" and have received my training package and will start on that in the next few days. Doing this will not only look good on my resume and bring in some extra cash, but it will improve my writing skills and prepare me for other types of jobs or school.

I'm not quite ready to tell the world about the second thing...it would mean that I have to do it for real and I'm not quite ready to make it a sure thing yet. I'm pretty sure I'll do it though and I'll need words of encouragement along the way.

Ahh laziness....how I will miss you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

shouldnt you be busy makin' babies? im sure there are some parents that want grand children. hehehe that should start some comments...

K said...

thems fighting words from someone who won't show their name ;-)

we all know we are too poor, too selfish and i am far too vain for the babies right now.

Heather said...

you can NOT say "there are two things: One, blah blah. Two, NOT TELLING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH". No fair.

lu said...

do tell, do tell. i love projects. and i love being supportive of other people's projects!

and about the laziness thing - sometimes i feel like the most lazy person on earth and other times like i have far too much energy to do nothing. the jury is still out.

lu said...

i just reread that and didn't mean to sound like, 'oh oh, i am so not lazy' but more like 'everyone has some laziness in them and it doesn't mean you are a lazy person.'

i hope that makes sense.

kristen said...

lu-i knew what you meant, don't you worry.
h-mo-muahahaha....i'll tell you when you send me your feb sched.

Randy said...

Will you tell me if I send you my February schedule?

kris said...

I'm confused, didn't you just finish a University course and now you're starting two more projects? That doesn't sound lazy to me.

Kirst said...

I want to know too. I can give you my Feb schedule right now. It's the same thing I did last month.
And for the record you don't sound lazy to me. And also there is nothing wrong with being a little bit lazy.

fuzzy wuzzy said...

I'm lazy and proud of it!!
And no I did not send that baby comment.(although when it happens, it will be very exciting)

K said...

oh man...now y'all are going to think it is far more exciting than it actually is :(
meh. give me a few days and i'll tell you for sure

Evey said...

you sound far from lazy to me.

--Nathan-- said...

you're making it seem like being lazy after work is a bad thing... it really isnt.